- Refer to The Mosaic Course: Study guide for Lecture notes, Reflection Questions, and Exercises.
- Required reading for the module: The Man Who Became A Sign (Chapter 5: The Unknown God)
- In a World Map, identify those countries that are professed to Islamic Check the growth statistics of other religious faiths in these countries. What are your inferences?
- Join the Eid al-Adha celebrations of a Muslim community. Ask them about the meaning of the ritual of sacrifice according to Islam. Why was a sacrifice necessary to ransom Ishmael?
- Click here to take your test for this module.
DownloadsPresentation slides for this module
- Esposito, John L. Great World Religions: Islam (Great Courses, The Learning Company)
- Ruthven, Malise, Linda. Islam: A Very Short Introduction (Oxford University Press, 2012)